In the midst of unpacking and getting settled, I have done a miserable job posting to the blog. Thanks to an idea from Lisa, I have given the blog job to the kids. Every week you will see posts from the child in charge of blogging for the week. This week it is Hannah's turn! You will see an update (with pictures!) from her in the next day or two.
Jared and Joshua participated in a "Monster Concert" for orchestra which included kids from several area elementary schools. Jacob and Hannah both received interim reports from school and both are on honor roll. Rebekah was granted permission to check out books from the non-fiction section of the school library - apparently they want younger children to enjoy fantasy and nurture their creativity. Rebekah made a very good case for herself that went something like this...."Well, if I am going to be a cowgirl-artist-vet- mom, then I have to learn how to do it". Her teacher agreed, so she now has a full access pass to the non-fiction section of the library.
I signed up for an online Nutrition class and a Chemistry lecture with lab. I'm still knocking out my pre-requisites for nursing school.
Doug enjoyed last weekend with his parents and siblings in Michigan for Dirk's graduation from law school. Congratulations, Dirk!
My mom came up today to help us start putting in our garden. I have spent the past five evenings tilling the ground, spreading poop and watering the dust. It was well worth the effort because our dirt is rich, dark and feels like baby powder. Mom also helped me hook up an irrigation system that will save me tons of time and energy. It took some trial and error (and would have been worth $10K on America's Funniest Home Videos!), but hopefully it will be worth it!
We planted strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, beans, spinach, lettuce, corn, watermelon, cantalope, potatoes, onions and cucumbers. Everything looked pretty pathetic when we left the garden tonight (except the strawberries, which look gorgeous!). Hopefully things will perk up tonight - fingers crossed.
Tomorrow is the first day of my new calling - Primary Secretary - so I had better hit the hay. Sending love and hugs your way - XOXO!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Can't wait to see your garden. Would have loved to see the whole process but it might be for the best. lol Good for your mom to come and help show you the way. love those life lessons that you can now turn to your children and say...my mom came up and showed me how to do this and I listened and learned...NOW you can listen and learn from ME. ha ha
Post a Comment